Product Procurement Specialist
The responsibility for procurement specialists is to find quality goods or services at an acceptable price that meet an organization’s needs. The degree to which needs to be done efficiently and at an acceptable cost which plays a role in the organization’s spending efficiencies and overall financial performance.
- Summarize and maintain Purchase Order spreadsheets and invoices
- Draft and finalize client order confirmations
- Participate in production release meetings
- Facilitate the flow of information between different departments to track the progress of jobs, ensuring that everyone has the needed goods (equipment and supplies), to carry out their jobs
- Verifies purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Forwards available inventory items by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Obtaining recommendations from suppliers for substitute items; obtain approval from the requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders. Follow up on orders to ensure accuracy and timely delivery.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with vendors.
- Authorizes payment for purchases by forwarding receiving documentation.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives, maintain a working relationship with vendors, evaluate vendor contract terms, and negotiations
- Negotiating and agreeing on contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided other tasks and responsibilities as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or Finance or equivalent work experience required
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel functions
- Proficient in customer relations
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to monitor the procurement process and to conduct long-range planning for contract scheduling required.
- Documentation skills
- Time Management
- Decision making